Monday 22 October 2007

Experimenting with facebook

Ok,

I wanna experiment a bit with facebook apps, so I've decided to make a simple app which for the time being I'm going to call Tellybook.

The basic idea is as follows: I scrape /find RSS feeds / somehow get hold of... TV and radio listings for the major channels in the UK. I'm then gonna check out the facebook user's favorite films, tv programs and music listings. I will compare the user's favorites against programs / films / live performances that are on TV and radio over the next few days and alert the user to what is coming up that matches their entries...

The idea will probably grow as I build the thing, but I think this is a good starting point...

Technologies I plan to use:
ASP.NET and SQL 2005 for the code bits.
Subsonic for DB access
JQuery for any AJAXy / trendy stuff
facebook.dll - FB developer toolkit
Argotic - for turning RSS into objects (if needed)

this may change as the project moves forwards... we'll see

No comments: